Another woman has accused Jeremy Piven of sexual misconduct on the set of HBO's 'Entourage'

jeremy piven

  • A fourth woman has come forward to accuse Jeremy Piven of sexual misconduct.
  • Anastasia Taneie told BuzzFeed News that Piven groped her when she was working as an extra on HBO’s “Entourage” in April 2009. 
  • Piven has denied all accusations of sexual misconduct.

 

Another woman has come forward accusing actor Jeremy Piven of sexual misconduct on the set of HBO’s “Entourage.” 

Anastasia Taneie, 30, told BuzzFeed News that when she was working as an extra on “Entourage” in April 2009, Piven, one of the show’s stars, confronted her in a dark hallway and groped her breast and genitals as he forcefully pushed her against a wall.

Taneie said Piven only stopped groping her when an assistant director walked by, and that Piven then ordered her to be removed from the set, claiming she had initiated inappropriate contact.

Taneie did not file a formal complaint at the time, she told the outlet, because “I was scared at the time nobody was going to believe me. I didn’t want to make a scene. I just wanted to go home.” 

A fellow extra that day, Araceli Giacoman, told BuzzFeed that she and Taneie were among a group whom Piven had approached, and that Piven had spoken quietly to Taneie and took her with him. Giacoman said Taneie returned looking “distraught,” “scared,” and “shaken.”

Another fellow extra, Andy Lobo, told the outlet Taneie was crying after the alleged incident, and that she told him Piven had forced himself on her.

While HBO told Buzzfeed that the network “did not receive any complaints against Jeremy Piven on ‘Entourage,'” Jason Rupe, who cast extras on the show between 2009 and 2011, told the outlet that he’d had numerous complaints from women who did not want to work on the show again after being verbally harassed by men on the set.

“I do remember being quite frustrated at one point and even maybe telling one or two of the ADs, like, ‘Look, this sh–‘s gotta stop,'” Rupe said. “These are great actresses that fit exactly what you’re looking for, but they don’t want to come back because they’re getting hassled a lot.'”

Piven, 52, has denied all allegations and supported his denials by providing BuzzFeed with the results of a polygraph test he took on November 13, which the test’s examiner said he passed. 

Piven also contacted BuzzFeed to say that a previous accuser, documentary filmmaker Amy Rachelle Meador, 43, was going to retract claims she made last month to Hollywood Life, about Piven attempting to rape her at her home. Meador instead told BuzzFeed she stood by her story.

Business Insider has reached out to Piven’s representatives and HBO for further comment.

Three other women have made sexual misconduct allegations against Piven since last month, including TV personality and actress Ariane Bellamar, “Longmire” star Cassidy Freeman, and advertising executive Tiffany Bacon Scourby.

Join the conversation about this story »

NOW WATCH: 13 details you might have missed in ‘Stranger Things’ season 2

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *