'The safety of the world is at stake': Rudy Giuliani cites North Korea in dramatic rebuke of Mueller's effort to interview Trump

Rudy Giuliani

  • Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and a recent addition to President Donald Trump’s legal team, said he was leaning toward postponing a possible interview between President Donald Trump and special counsel Robert Mueller.
  • Giuliani cited national security concerns, such as the upcoming summit between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as one reason why the Mueller interview should be shelved for now.
  • He wrote off the forthcoming Mueller-Trump interview as “bullsh–t.”

Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and a recent addition to President Donald Trump’s legal team, said he was leaning toward postponing a possible interview between Trump and special counsel Robert Mueller until after the upcoming summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Citing national security concerns, Giuliani suggested that having Mueller interview Trump for his ongoing Russia investigation before the summit could have a negative impact and derail the progress in North Korea relations.

“The safety of the world is at stake,” Giuliani said, according to The Wall Street Journal. “I can’t possibly tell the president or Gen. [John] Kelly or Mike Pompeo, or John Bolton, give me two days to prepare for a bulls–t interview that should never be taking place anyways.”

The meeting, set to take place in late May or early June, has been highly anticipated due to its historic significance and the diplomatic engagement that stands in contrast to the bellicose rhetoric exchanged between Kim and Trump last year — Trump is set to become the first sitting US president to meet with a North Korean leader, and secretary of state Mike Pompeo visited North Korea and met with Kim in April.

Trump echoed Giuliani’s sentiment in an early-morning tweet by quoting a remark from John Dowd, one of his former attorneys, that was published by The Washington Post on Tuesday.

“This isn’t some game,” Trump quoted Dowd as saying from The Post. “You are screwing with the work of the president of the United States.”

“With North Korea, China, the Middle East and so much more, there is not much time to be thinking about this, especially since there was no Russian ‘Collusion,'” Trump continued.

Trump has frequently bristled at Mueller and the Russia investigation, describing it as a “witchhunt” and insisting that there was no collusion between his 2016 presidential campaign and Russian operatives.

Mueller reportedly threatened Trump’s legal team with a subpoena in March, if Trump chose to decline a voluntarily interview with federal prosecutors.

SEE ALSO: Former federal prosecutor says one of Trump’s few options in the face of a grand-jury subpoena from Mueller could come at a hefty political cost

DON’T MISS: In his first TV appearance as Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani made a bombshell admission about why Trump fired James Comey

Join the conversation about this story »

NOW WATCH: How a tiny camera startup is taking on Amazon and Google

Source link

As much as $600,000 in cash fell out of a truck on the highway — and police are asking people who took the money to return it or be charged with theft

Bank Truck Drops Money All Over the Road

  • Hundreds of thousands of dollars billowed out of the back of a Brinks armored truck on Interstate 70 in Indianapolis on Thursday.
  • It’s not clear how much money is currently unaccounted for, but police at the scene initially estimated the amount could be as high as $600,000.
  • Police say that anyone who picked up money will be charged with theft if they do not return the cash.

Drivers on Interstate 70 in Indianapolis, Indiana, were unexpectedly showered with hundreds of thousands of dollars after the back of a Brinks armored truck blew open on the interstate.

Fox 8 reported that the truck’s back security door swung open around 9 a.m. on Thursday. It’s not clear how the door came open.

Law enforcement initially estimated that as much as $600,000 was deposited on the interstate. But Indiana State Police Public Information Officer Sergeant John Perrine told AP that it’s not clear how much money is currently unaccounted for.

Some drivers reportedly pulled over along the road to scoop up as many loose bills as they could. Other individuals ran over on foot to collect some of the discarded bills.

“Bags of money were falling out of the back onto the interstate,” Indiana State Police Corporal Brock McCooe told Fox 8. “Sort of something out of a movie scene, where you have bills, loose bills flying all over the interstate, vehicles stopping, people getting out of their cars.”

Perrine tweeted that troopers were looking for anyone who stopped to pick up money, saying these individuals can be “charged with theft.” The police department said it is already receiving tips with license plate numbers. He advised that drivers who stopped to collect money contact the Indiana State Police in order to return the bills.

This is the second recent incident involving a Brinks armored truck in Indiana. On April 28, two armed men reportedly made off with at least $500,000 after holding up a Brinks truck in Hammond, Indiana, according to a report from the Northwest Indiana Times.

SEE ALSO: The most memorable and expensive financial fraud cases of all time

Join the conversation about this story »

NOW WATCH: This guy’s car was getting stolen — so he jumped through the window and took out the alleged thief

Source link

Corey Lewandowski says lawyer informed New York Magazine it's liable for criminal acts of star reporter – Fox News

An attorney representing Corey Lewandowski sent New York Magazine a letter claiming that the publication is liable for the criminal acts of star reporter Olivia Nuzzi, who admitted to entering the home of President Trump’s former campaign manager without permission.

The letter was first reported by Daily Mail and confirmed to Fox News by Lewandowski.

The letter informs New York Magazine that Lewandowski is suffering from “embarrassment and anxiety” as a result of Nuzzi entering his apartment without permission while working on a feature story about former White House Communications Director Hope Hicks, according to the Daily Mail.

After news of Nuzzi entering his home first surfaced two months ago, Lewandowski tweeted: “I haven’t seen my photo album that was in the foyer prior to this incident. Wonder where it could be.”

Nuzzi did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Lewandowski told Fox News in March that he was considering legal action after Nuzzi explained how she wound up inside a townhouse where Lewandowski lives during an interview with the Columbia Journalism Review.

“I tried to knock on the basement door, but the gate wasn’t open. Then I walked up the steps to the main door and knocked for, like, 10 minutes. And I’m knocking, knocking, nobody’s answering. But after a while, I just touched the door knob, and the door was open. I walked in and I’m in the house, by myself,” Nuzzi told CJR. “So I took this photo of the quote on a wall. I peered around but I didn’t walk fully into the house.”

Nuzzi then explained that she left the residence after texting her boyfriend, who advised her that “it probably wasn’t legal.”

Lewandowski told Fox News following the publication of the interview that he did not grant Nuzzi permission to enter the townhouse.

Lewandowski lives above the offices of Turnberry Solutions, a lobbying firm. Nuzzi told Fox News when Lewandowski first mentioned legal action that the door she opened was “technically” the Turnberry Solutions entrance.  

“In September, Corey Lewandowski told Politico, ‘Get your facts right… I have nothing to do with Turnberry Solutions.’ Mr. Lewandowski, who hasn’t been registered as a lobbyist since 2011, reportedly signed a noncompete when he departed his firm, Avenue Strategies, in May 2017, which prevents him from lobbying or directing others to lobby for foreign or domestic clients for a year, according to his former partner there,” Nuzzi told Fox News in March.

“So it’s very interesting that Mr. Lewandowski refers to the offices of Turnberry Solutions, in his statement to Fox News, as ‘my office.’ If Mr. Lewandowski has nothing to do with Turnberry Solutions, why would he be in a position to grant or deny anyone permission to enter offices belonging to Turnberry Solutions?”

In the article Nuzzi referenced, Politico reported that Turnberry Solutions was “staffed by two lobbyists who worked for Lewandowski’s old firm” and he denied involvement despite “plenty of evidence to the contrary.” 

Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano said that Nuzzi “committed a crime” when she passed the invisible dividing line, invading privacy.

“You can do that by just sticking your hand in,” Napolitano said.

When Lewandowski first mentioned the possibility of taking legal action, Nuzzi – who is a regular on the upscale Washington, D.C. social scene — stood her ground and even joked that she would “probably thrive” in jail.

New York Magazine has stood by Nuzzi since news of her entering the townhouse came to light, but declined comment regarding the letter claiming it is liable for any criminal acts.

Fox News’ Frank Miles contributed to this report.

Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter at @briansflood.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Source link